Meet our friend Liz Egan, Owner of Floral Alchemy, a boutique floral design studio based in Milwaukee, WI. Not your typical wedding florist, Floral Alchemy specializes in the alchemic marriage of nature and creativity inspired by their clients.
Here's a little bit more about Liz & how she started Floral Alchemy, written by her.
Floral Alchemy was started four years ago born from a personal need for more creative balance in my life. Slowly, as business started growing I sought more from the creative than the corporate. It has been the most fulfilling adventure to connect nature with love through the creative process. The alchemic results are bohemian garden florals imbued with love and personality for truly amazing couples on their wedding day.
See her responses to our ten silly questions below!
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Hit the snooze button. Sleep is one of my favorites.
2. What are you listening to these days? Led Zepplin and the Beastie Boys. Odd pairing, I know. They're just good!
3. What color are your socks? Multi-colored Marimekko. Color is also one of my favorites.
4. What was the last thing you ate? A butter bun in the Helsinki airport. Think slightly sweet cardamom roll.
5. What is your favorite season? Spring, because I survived another winter and sunny, warm days are ahead!
6. What is on the floor of your closet? A bag of orphaned socks which I intend to reunite quarterly but, if I'm honest, occurs but once a year.
7. Cats or Dogs? (please elaborate) I'd really love a mini pig which I'd name Snuffalupagus GhostFace Killa' but I'd call him "Gus Gus" for short. Sadly, the research I've seen shows the breeding isn't the healthiest for pig so I've decided not to pursue it. It's my attempt at being a responsible parent.
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? An art teacher because you had access to all of the supplies to make whatever you wanted. They were usually the coolest teachers on the spectrum too.
9. Where is your favorite place to visit? My favorite place to visit is someplace I haven't been before. It's exciting and intriguing and I love exploring. From local parks and shops to distant cities and countries, putting myself into slightly new landscapes has always been a favorite!
10. Peony or Succulent? While I've loved Peonies since I was little I have to say succulents. They have such an amazing color gradation and texture. Their aesthetic elevates the surrounding elements with their inherent depth through that color and texture.